Born in 1956, a happy wedding, two children. My education in physics has given me an unusual look on the world. Thanks to my job as network specialist, I have a lot of short instants to daydream.
More than ten years ago, I discovered the T'ang and chan Chinese poetry. I appreciate this way of describing the world through little touches, in raw, leaving the reader reconstructing images,
and its integration of the sensitive world. I prefer short forms, evanescent. Haiku seems to me a logical path, an effective technic.
I write because I like it, to share emotions, instants to remember. I publish on different internet mailing-lists and servers.
I have created several haiku internet sites to show the diversity of the genre and to help good authors to be known. They are each a personal involvement to offer to authors and associations a space for publication free from any commercial constraints open to the international community. :
temps libres - free times : https://www.tempslibres.org :
On of the first sites of the emerging international haiku community. A site dedicated to information, publication, reading, contact, but also a weekly, monthly page and a dozen of sites of invitees.
short Summers : Cindy Zackowitz (Alaska, USA)
haiku from Alaska. The North, day by day.
War haiku : Anthology of Haiku during war times
La Route du Nord / Road to the North...
Découvrir le Nord par le haïku et les genres apparentés.
Discover the North through the haiku and other related genres.
Découvrir l'Inde par le haïku.
Discover India through the haiku.
Angelika Kolompar (Canada)
Jour après jour, la vie...
Life, day after day ...
Marjorie A. Buettner (USA)
In the living season ... De merveilleux tankas et haiku sur l'amour, la mort, l'absence, le temps qui fuit. Une poésie riche de sensations, de sensualité intense, de désespoir parfois, très proche de la poésie japonaise de la période Heian.
In the living season ... These are wonderful tanka and haiku about love, death, absence and time. It is a poetry rich with feelings: sometimes sensual, sometimes despairing yet always close to the Japanese poetry of the Heian Period.
Alenka Zorman (Slovenie)
Soirs d'été : Le haïku au jour le jour, un style intimiste, une très large palette d'émotions.
Summer evenings : Haïku day by day, an intimistc style, a very large palette of emotions.
Au bord du fleuve - Micheline Beaudry (Quebec, Canada)
Ikuyo Yoshimura (Gifu, Japon)
Cercle d'écriture de haïku en anglais
Carole MacRury (USA)
Between the Tides
Haiku from Islam
Découvrir l'Islam par le haïku. (in English)
Aozora : http://aozora.tempslibres.org
The portal of haiku in the Balkans with about twenty subsites and all avaialable information about the haiku activity in the region. Closed since 2006.
Angelee Deodhar (Chandigahr, Inde) : http://sites.tempslibres.org/ang/fr/Angpage.html
Haiku in its fullness, its serenity, its doubts.
but also :
LOuve, montagnaise (Québec) : http://louve.tempslibres.org : Quelques textes inoubliables entre la rivière et la mer, Louve Mathieu nous parle de son regard sur le monde, ses amours, ses doutes, ses peurs, son identité amérindienne...
Personal web site : http://sto.tempslibres.org
- March 1998 - Introduction of the publication in foreign languages on English speaking international haiku lists. (Shiki)
- September 1999 - tempslibres.org : First French speaking multilingual website (English, Slovenian, Serbian, Italian, Hindi...) for the international haiku. First window to international haiku.
- December 1999 - tempslibres.org : First website in French about haiku writing. https://www.tempslibres.org
- Beginning of 2000 - Introduction of the concept of free publication of haiku on internet websites (e-poetry).
- 2000 - tempslibres.org : One of the first haiku websites publishing haiku about crisis, wars (Former Yugoslavia, Palestine...), about illness, social problems...
- 2000 - Introduction of statistical techniques (canonical analysis) in the haiku world. Article : Japon et japonaiseries published in Japan. http://www.big.or.jp/~loupe/mu15/tome.shtml
- February 2003 - Introduction of a protest wall about the war against Iraq. https://www.tempslibres.org/awhw/walls/pwall03.html
- February 2003 - First French speaking website for haiku against the wars (Iraq, Afghanistan). https://www.tempslibres.org/awhw/homew.html
- November 2003 - First French speaking website to discover the US American haiku. http://us.tempslibres.org/
- October 2004 - First European website using database techniques (PHP, MySQL).
- January 2005 - World first worldwide website to publish statistical studies about the writing of haiku.
- January 2005 - First database of haiku indexed by a controlled language allowing semantic and statistical researchs.
- February 2005 - Introduction of RSS publication of haikus and information about the French speaking haiku world.
- August 2005 - First and for a long time only one, anthology about war haiku. http://war-haiku.tempslibres.org
- October 2005 - World first website about erotic haiku.
- April 2007 - First bibliography of the French speaking haiku, publicy available for historical researchs.
- May 2007 - First website abour haiku in Islam. https://www.tempslibres.org/tl/en/islam/isl00.html
- June 2007 - Introduction of the role of archetypes and dialectics in the haiku writing dynamic. https://www.tempslibres.org/tl/fr/stotxt/stotxtidx.html
- December 2007 - First French speaking electronic haiku review (575). First manifest for the free circulation of haikus and the freedom of the author. http://575.tempslibres.org
- May 2008 - World first website about the nordicity in haiku writing. https://www.tempslibres.org/nord/
- February 2009 - First French speaking about Indian haiku. http://india.tempslibres.org/
- May 2011 - First website model for the management of international projects of publication.
Main activities in the haiku.
- Creator of the tempslibres.org project since 1999. Mise en vitrine francophone du haïku mondial. Publication partage dans l'esprit des communautés du logiciel libre.
- Member of the editorial staff of Haijinx, a web magazine about humour in haiku . Editor for Europe.
- Creator of the project Aozora (formely Hasee before 2002) and editor of the website for the haiku in the Balkans since 1999. Project closed since 2006. https://www.tempslibres.org/aozora/
- Co-editor with Mark Brooks (USA) of the mailing-list shiki-temp (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/shiki-temp), A temporary structure during the unavalibility of the Shiki list. (2001-2004).
- Project leader and moderator of the mailing-list haiku-fr from 2001 to 2010(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/haiku-fr) liste francophone de haiku.
- Creator in 2003 of the project Anti-War Haiku Wall http://awhw.tempslibres.org A haiku site against the Iraq war.
- Member of the staff of the Association Française de Haïku from 2004 to 2006. Creator and webmaster of the site and mailing-lists from December 2004 to October 2010.
- I introduce the concept of active archetypes in the analysis of haiku in 2005.https://www.tempslibres.org/tl/fr/dbhk00.html
- I run since 2007 the first bibliography of the French speaking haiku. Free publication on an internet website. https://www.tempslibres.org/biblio
- Editor of 575, the first electronic review for the French speaking haiku (2007-2010). 575
- Technical Consultant for the international project of haiku writing in the prisons of the European Community (Parol! Writing and art beyond walls, beyond borders). (Writing of the site for the project conception : 2012-2013)